#11 Wyllum Deveaux
F | 6'1" | 195 lbs. | Aug. 30, 2000 | Harvard University
Hometown: Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pronounciation: Wyllum Deveaux - WILL-um (deh-VOH)
Commitment: Harvard University
USHL Draft: 2016, Phase I, 3rd round, 44th overall by the Tri-City Storm.
FOLLOW Wyllum on Twitter | FOLLOW Wyllum on Instagram
- A highly-touted Nova Scotian finished in the top-ten of rookie scoring during his first USHL campaign in 2016-17. Graduated from Kearney High School in spring 2017 at age 16.
With the Storm:
- 2016-17: Over 53 games, finished third on the Storm with 19 assists and second among team rookies with 23 points, three behind roommate Adam Goodsir ... Was tied for 8th among league rookies in points, and fifth in assists by a rookie ... Had seven multi-point games, tied for second on the team ... Led the Storm with six multi-assist games ... Began his USHL career with points in his first two games. First USHL goal was a short-handed goal against Sioux Falls in second game (9/24) ... Achieved first multi-goal game vs. Cedar Rapids (10/14) ... Ended a 35-game stretch without a goal on 2/24 with a tally vs. Sioux Falls ... Had three multi-assist games (6a) over season's final six games and had seven helpers in season's last seven games.
Before the Storm:
- 2015-16: Played for the Don Mills Flyers Minor Midget AAA club and had 27 goals and 41 assists for 68 points in 65 games. Also notched three goals and seven points in six OHL cup games.
- Played for Don Mills in 2014-15.
- 2013-14: Played for the Newbridge Senators in Nova Scotia (14g, 21a) prior to moving to Ontario and playing for Don Mills.
- Don Mills is located in Ontario. Canadian hockey broadcaster Don Cherry often attends the team's games with his son, Tim.
- Thirty-five Don Mills alum have played in the NHL as of summer 2016, including John Madden, Bill Muckalt's former teammate at University of Michigan. Other famous alumni include Larry Murphy and Joel Ward.
- Enjoys playing hockey because "it's fun, competitive and you get to score goals."
- Started playing hockey at age 4 because his father, Bryant, convinced him.
- Would like to be a business owner after hockey.
- Best athlete he's played against is Brad Marchand.
- Says he's unique because he skipped a grade but maintained a 4.0 GPA.
- Parents are Bryant Deveaux and Julie Marston. Bryant is a chartered accountant and Julie is a receptionist.
- Lists his mother his inspiration for being a great example.
- Bryant walked on for the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL.
- Grew up as a Montreal Canadiens fan.
- Enjoys fishing and golfing when he's away from the ice.