#14 Monte Graham
F | 5'11" | 177 lbs. | Apr. 4, 1998 | Boston College
Hometown: Hanover, MA
Commitment: Boston College
USHL Draft: 2014, Phase I, 7th round, 98th overall by the Tri-City Storm.
LISTEN to Monte's audio archive
FOLLOW Monte on Twitter | FOLLOW Monte on Instagram
- Identified by Storm coaches as an important two-way presence, Graham is a 2016 Clark Cup Champion that has missed just four games in two seasons. Considers face-offs one of his strongest assets.
With the Storm:
- 2016-17: More than doubled his goals total (8) and tripled his points total (24) from 2015-16 ... Was fourth among active Storm players in points ... Recorded the first four multi-point games of his career in 2016-17, including his first multi-goal game vs. GB (10/7) ... Equaled his goals total from 2015-16 in six games ... Had a pair of career-long three-game point streaks ... Two multi-assist games ... Had three game-winning goals, second on the team.
- 2015-16: Competed in all 11 playoff games and scored one goal in the postseason. Tallied three goals, eight points and 42 penalty minutes in 56 regular season games. Frequently centered winger Brian Hawkinson.
Before the Storm:
- Played for two prominent New England teams, the Thayer Academy and the Cape Cod Whalers 16U squads, over each of the past three seasons. Played for Thayer in 2012-13, tallying eleven points, before suiting up for both Cape Cod and Thayer from 2013-15, combining for 46 goals and 53 assists in 92 contests.
- Coached by NHL Hall-of-Fame player and former Boston Bruins forward Tony Amonte at Thayer Academy.
- Also picked by the Saint John Sea Dogs in 2014 QMJHL Entry Draft.
- Hometown of Hanover, MA was where George Washington Carver lived in a small bain on the North River while writing his autobiography.
- Some other NHL players to go to Thayer Academy: Jeremy Roenick, Brooks Orpik, Mike Mottau, Ryan Whitney and Charlie Coyle (Graham's cousin).
- What would you like to do after hockey? Scout hockey or get into business
- Who in your family has played hockey? My cousin, Charlie Coyle (2012 first-round pick, San Jose Sharks)
- When did you start playing hockey? When I was five years old
- What are you doing away from the ice? Golfing and fishing
- What makes you unique? I'm very independent