#7 Josiah Slavin
F | 6'3" | 182 lbs. | Dec. 31, 1998
Hometown: Erie, Colorado
Pronunciation: Josiah Slavin - JO-sy-ah (SLAY-vin)
USHL Draft: 2015, Phase II, 14th round, 225th overall by the Tri-City Storm.
FOLLOW Josiah on Twitter | FOLLOW Josiah on Instagram
- Slavin developed a power-forward style in his first USHL season and found success late in the campaign. His brother, Jaccob, is an NHL player that also skated in the USHL.
With the Storm:
- 2016-17: Scored six goals and 14 points in 49 games. Recorded an assist in his USHL debut Sept. 23 at Lincoln. Recorded a season-long three-game point streak (1/24-1/28) and scored his first USHL goal Jan. 24 at Omaha. Season-high three points and first multi-point game vs. SF on March 25. Ended the season with two goals and six points in his final six games.
Before the Storm:
- 2015-16: Moved to the Colorado Thunderbirds U18 level and was tied for first on the squad with 13 goals. Tied for second on the team with 23 points in 32 games. Tallied one assist in four playoff games.
- 2014-15: Made it to the national semifinals with the Thunderbirds U16 squad and scored 12 goals and 18 points in 24 games. Played with former Storm goaltender Dayton Rasmussen and forward Brian Hawkinson on the T-Birds.
- 2013-14: Was on the Thunderbirds Bantam team, scoring four goals and 11 points in 15 games.
- Has two siblings that have played college hockey, older brother Jaccob and older sister Jordan. Justin and Jeremiah are also his siblings.
- Jaccob played for the Thunderbirds from 2006-11 and joined the Chicago Steel from 2011-13. Was selected in the fourth round, 120th overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Carolina Hurricanes. Competed for Colorado College from 2013-15 and made his NHL debut with the Hurricanes in 2015.
- Josiah says Jaccob has been a role model his whole life.
- Jordan played for the Thunderbirds in 2006-07 and went on to play for women's hockey for North Dakota from 2009-12.
- Father is Rob Slavin and mother is Wendi Slavin. His father is the manager of an auto body shop.
- Enjoys golfing, bowling and baseball when he's not playing hockey.
- Started playing hockey when he was two years old because he loved skating.
- Enjoys playing hockey because it's his passion and takes his mind off of other things.
- Has two favorite hockey movies; "Miracle" and "Mystery, Alaska"