#14 Joey Cipollone
F | 5'11" | 175 lbs. | July 12, 1999 | Vermont
Hometown: Purchase, New York
Pronunciation: Joey Cipollone - (SIP-oh-LOHN)
USHL Draft: 2015, Phase I, 3rd round, 46th overall by the Tri-City Storm.
FOLLOW Joey on Twitter
- Brings a strong upside bred during two years of New England prep school hockey.
With the Storm:
- 2016-17: Played three games with the Storm in first USHL season and wore #23. Recorded three shots on goal in USHL debut March 17, 2017 vs. Muskegon.
Before the Storm:
- Played 2015-17 for Loomis-Chafee school. Captained the 2016-17 squad. Led the 2015-16 team in goals (17) and points (39) over 29 games his freshman season. Played fall hockey for Yale Midget prep.
- 2014-15: 43 points for Connecticut Oilers 16U.
- First cousin “Joe Cipollone” (born 1997) won the Clark Cup with Tri-City in 2015-16. The families are next-door neighbors in Purchase, New York. Younger “Cip”, acknowledges they get mixed up all the time.
- Joey’s brother, Anthony was born in 2002. Anthony and Joey are both committed to Vermont. Anthony became the youngest player to commit to a Division I hockey program in summer 2015, at 13 years old.
- While at Loomis-Chafee, served as a supervisor, making sure students cleaned their classrooms and made their beds at 7:30 a.m. every Monday-Friday.