#25 Connor McMenamin
F | 6'0" | 195 lbs. | February 25, 1999 | Penn State
Hometown: Collegeville, PA
Commitment: Penn State
Draft: 2016, Phase II, 3rd round, 42nd overall by the Sioux City Musketeers.
Follow Connor on Twitter
- McMenamin is coming off a strong rookie campaign and made it to the 2017 Clark Cup Final with the Sioux City Musketeers.
Before the Storm:
- Acquired in June 2017 as the player to be named later, completing a February 2017 deal with Sioux City that sent three draft picks and a future player in exchange for Joey Matthews, Charlie Kelleher and Odeen Tufto
- 2016-17: Went to the Clark Cup Final with the Sioux City Musketeers, 2016-17 Anderson Cup Champions. Played in one playoff game. Scored eight goals and 18 points in 47 regular season games. Tallied two goals and five points in five games vs. Tri-City.
- 2013-16: Played on a line with current Storm forwards Caleb Rule and Charlie Dovorany at Shattuck-St. Mary’s Prep School in Minnesota. McMenamin won three straight national championships at Shattuck, scoring 73 goals and 163 points in 168 games.
They Said It:
- McMenamin on being reunited with Rule and Dovorany: “I played with Charlie pretty much those the first two years. “He’s a great kid and great teammate. Caleb and I, we won three national championships. It’ll be good to get back with them and hopefully bring another title to Tri-City.”
- President of Hockey Operations Steve Lowe: “They were the best line in midget hockey that I’ve seen in all of my years scouting. Connor brings compete, skating and goal-scoring ability.”
- Older brother, Colton, is a sophomore that plays for the Stevenson University (DIII). Had two goals and four points in 23 games as a freshman. Played in 2015-16 for the Aston Rebels (NAHL), scoring three goals and eight points in 40 games.
- Mother, Andrea, is a teacher in Pennsylvania.