#12 "C" Adam Goodsir
F | 6'2" | 190 lbs. | Sept. 22, 1998 | Denver
Hometown: Okemos, Michigan
Commitment: University of Denver
Draft: 2014, Phase II, 19th round, 298th overall by the Tri-City Storm.
FOLLOW Adam on Twitter | FOLLOW Adam on Instagram
- The Storm Captain, 2017 USHL/NHL Top Prospect, and USHL All-Academic Team member.
- Enjoys playing hockey because of "the speed, competitive nature, intensity, toughness and beauty of it."
- On the USHL: "The USHL is a great league and hopefully it'll prepare me for college and pro hockey."
With the Storm:
- 2017 USHL/NHL Top Prospect Selection ... C-Rated skater on NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch List ... Was second on Tri-City and third among league rookies in goals (16) and missed just one game in his first USHL season ... Seventh among rookies and fifth on Tri-City in points (26) ... Led Tri-City and was third among rookies with six power-play goals ... Led Tri-City and was fifth among rookies in PIMs (80) ... Finished with four multi-point games, including a three-point contest at CR (4/7) ... After recording two assists in first ten games, scored first USHL goal in 10th game vs. OMA (11/4) ... Goals in consecutive games two times.
Before the Storm:
- 2015-16: The 2015-16 NAHL Rookie of the Year. Led the Wichita Falls Wildcats in goals (28).Scored 28 goals and 45 points for the Wichita Falls Wildcats. His 28 goals ranked second among league rookies. Also had a plus-19 rating and led Wichita Falls with 93 penalty minutes. Team won the South Division for the first time since 2002-03. Made it to the Robertson Cup Finals the Wildcats and lost, 2-0, to the Fairbanks Ice Dogs. Notched two goals and four points in nine playoff games.
- Committed to the University of Denver in January 2016.
- 2014-15: Competed for the Oakland Jr. Grizzlies of the T1EHL (30 gms, 5g, 8a).
- 2013-14: Played in the NAPHL for the Lansing Capitals and was second on the team with 23 points. Named to the NAPHL All-Star Game.
- Says his attention to detail, work ethic and love of golfing makes him unique.
- Parents are Joe and Kerry Goodsir. Joe is a restaurant owner and was a walk on at the University of Michigan hockey team. Adam says his father is his inspiration for his work ethic, determination and "never-quit mentality."
- Top hockey moment before suiting up for Tri-City was winning the NAHL Rookie of the Year award.
- After playing hockey, Goodsir says he would like to coach youth hockey.
- Started playing hockey at age 4 when his parents took him skating for the first time.
- Best athlete he's played against New Jersey Devils forward Reid Boucher.
- Favorite hockey movie is Miracle.
- Comedian Seth Meyers grew up in Okemos.