Posted 251 days ago ago by Kendall Grayson
Kearney, NE. – The Tri-City Storm fell to the Omaha Lancers by a final score of 3-0 on Wednesday night at the Viaero Center. Tri-City outshot Omaha 30-28 but allowed one goal in each period to drop the game 3-0. Jake Barczewski recorded the loss in net, making 25 saves on 28 shots on goal.
Omaha opened the scoring near the end of the 1st period with an even strength goal from Ryan Savage. It was his 6th goal of the season and was recorded as an unassisted goal. Tri-City outshot Omaha 10-7 in the opening twenty minutes of the game but trailed 1-0 entering the 2nd period.
The Lancers added another goal on the board at the 10:07 mark of the 2nd period off a deflection from Filip Suchy. Christian O’Neil recorded the lone assist on the goal as Suchy tipped the puck past Barczewski. The Storm led the period in shots on goal at 11-10 but looked to overcome a two goal deficit in the game’s final period of regulation time.
Cole Gallant netted his 14th of the season at 8:26 of the 3rd period for the game’s final goal. Lancers goalie Zach Driscoll recorded his 7th shutout of the year and won his 20th game in net for Omaha.
With the loss, the Storm remains in 6th place in the Western Conference standings with 62 points.
The Storm return to action Friday night in a home game against the Lincoln Stars. The broadcast will begin at 7:15pm on HockeyTV and the Breeze 94.5FM. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:35pm.
- Storm individual game tickets can be purchased online or by calling (308) 338-8144
- 2018-2019 Season Tickets are now on sale, call (308) 338-8011 for more info or to place an order
- April 6th is “Casino Night” at the Viaero Center vs. Lincoln
- April 13th is “Dash 4 Cash Night” at the Viaero Center vs. Sioux City
- April 14th is “Fan Appreciation Night” at the Viaero Center vs. Lincoln