Posted 1 years 107 days ago ago by Kendall Grayson
Sioux City, IA. – The Tri-City Storm dropped their final game of the weekend 3-2 in a shootout to the Sioux City Musketeers Sunday afternoon at the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City, IA. Tri-City got goals from Tyler Madden and Connor McMenamin in the 3rd period but ultimately fell a shootout.
The Musketeers netted the game’s first goal in the opening period and held a 1-0 lead over the Storm through the first two periods. Micah Miller scored his 17th goal of the season at 10:44 of the 1st period to give Sioux City a 1-0 lead.
Tri-City got on the board just 21 seconds into the 3rd period as Tyler Madden scored his 13th goal of the season. The goal was assisted by Brian Hawkinson and Mike Koster. Minutes later, Connor McMenamin netted a power play goal to put Tri-City ahead 2-1. McMenamin’s goal was his 6th of the year and was assisted by Tyler Madden and Bryan Yoon. Sioux City answered with another goal at 9:06 of the 3rd period to tie the game again at 2-2. Bauer Neudecker scored his 3rd goal of the season with Nate Clurman and Nate Knoepke recording assists on the goal. Regulation ended in a 2-2 tie.
Overtime went by with each team recording three shots on goal but neither finding the game winning goal. Sioux City’s Sampo Ranta scored the only goal in the shootout period to seal the victory for the Musketeers.
Tri-City goalie Connor Hopkins recorded the loss in net, stopping 26 of 28 shots in the game. Tyler Madden was named the game’s 2nd Star.
The Storm return to action Saturday night at the Viaero Center in a matchup with Team USA. The broadcast will begin at 7:15pm on HockeyTV and the Breeze 94.5FM. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:35pm.
- Storm individual game tickets can be purchased online or by calling (308) 338-8144
- 2018-2019 Season Tickets are now on sale, call (308) 338-8144 for more info or to place an order
- March 10th is “Guns N’ Hoses” Night at the Viaero Center vs. Team USA
- March 11th is “Faith and Family Day” at the Viaero Center vs. Team USA
- March 23rd is “Funtastic” Friday at the Viaero Center vs. Sioux Falls
- March 24th is “Make-A-Wish Night” at the Viaero Center vs. Sioux Falls