Posted 1 years 99 days ago ago by David Fine
Kearney, Neb. – Twenty-three Tri-City Storm players have attended NHL development camps following the 2017 NHL Draft. The camps give drafted and undrafted players a chance to impress NHL squads. Of the 23, D Nate Clurman (Colorado camp) and G Filip Larsson (Detroit) are expected to play on Tri-City this season. The Vegas Golden Knights held their first prospect camp at the Las Vegas Ice Center, home of the Storm’s Main Camp.
Check out a breakdown of important numbers and where players have gone.
Need to know
- Eighteen NHL teams invited Storm players.
- Six teams had more than one Storm player.
- The Winnipeg Jets had three former Storm players (Jake Kielly, Nico Sturm, Mason Appleton). Appleton signed an NHL entry-level contract with Winnipeg after participating in the team’s development camp.
- Nine players from the Storm’s 2016 Clark Cup Championship team took part in a development camp.
- Goaltenders Jake Kielly and Hayden Lavigne each attended two camps.
Where are they going?
Anaheim – F Alex Limoges
Buffalo– F Linus Weissbach, F Chris Brown
Chicago – G Hayden Lavigne
Colorado – D Nate Clurman
Columbus – F Carson Meyer
Detroit – G Filip Larsson
Florida – F Chris Wilkie
Minnesota – F Brandon Duhaime, G Jake Kielly
New Jersey – D Reilly Walsh
New York Rangers – D Vince Pedrie, F Walker Duehr
Ottawa – D Andrew Peski, G Hayden Lavigne
Philadelphia – F Wade Allison, F Mike Vecchione
Phoenix – D Cam Dineen
Pittsburgh – D Bobby Nardella
St. Louis – F Austin Poganski
Vegas – F Kenny Brooks
Washington – D Mattias Goransson
Winnipeg – G Jake Kielly, F Nico Sturm, F Mason Appleton
Season tickets are on sale for 2017-18 by calling 308-338-8144 or visiting stormhockey.com/tickets/season-tickets.